Many people are interested in the consequences as well as the pros and cons of removing the catalytic converter. In this article we will consider all these questions.
The vehicle's catalytic converter is installed in order to clean the exhaust emissions and make it more environmentally friendly. Simply put, the catalyst purifies the exhaust gases from harmful compounds into more harmless environmentally friendly substances. Thus, the operation of the catalyst allows to keep the environment clean. Buy genuine parts wholesale Germany, including quality catalysts for the car you can in the online store of the company F.O.R.C.E.
We recommend that you buy auto spare parts for repair or replacement of damaged parts from a reputable supplier - a wide range and professional consultants of F.O.R.C.E. will help you to make the right choice and buy auto spare parts wholesale from Germany on favorable terms.
As a rule, the catalyst is removed when the vehicle is tuned. Removal of the factory catalyst improves vehicle performance, such as power and fuel consumption. However, this method is temporary and is not welcomed by professionals. The best way to use sports analogues of the catalyst is to use a flame-retarder, which increases the capacity of the car, while maintaining the cleanliness of the exhaust.
Minus catalyst removal
Removal of the catalyst can cause a number of problems for the unlucky driver.
1. The absence or malfunction of the catalytic converter automatically equates the vehicle with an emergency condition and the "CHECK ENGINE" sign on the dashboard lights up. Removal of the catalyst results in reduced traction, chafing, and difficulty in starting the engine.
2. If the catalyst is melted or clogged, the exhaust gases cannot pass through it, and therefore return to the combustion chamber and make the combustible mixture less efficient.
3. If the catalyst does not melt but the CHECK ENGINE burns, it is likely that the part has failed because of the vehicle's high mileage. All modern cars are equipped with oxygen sensors, one of which is installed in front of the sewer and the other - after. As a result, some cars may not even start when the catalyst is not working.
4. Without a catalytic converter, the car's exhaust becomes unpleasant, pollutes the environment, and harmful gases can enter the interior of the car and expose passengers to toxic elements.
Symptoms of catalytic converter failure in the car
The catalyst, like any other vehicle element, needs to be serviced and replaced in a timely manner. Signs of a catalyst malfunction may appear:
- Rattling and rattling in the floor area;
- The engine speed is lower than usual;
- Visual inspection can show corrugations burnt to the surface.
- The car cannot accelerate for several minutes;
- When high acceleration is achieved, the car starts spontaneously slowing down;
- There are problems with starting the engine.